Senior Engineer RF Coils Level III (Direct Hire)
Greater Milwaukee Area, WI
Job Requisition: 6795
Description for Senior Engineer RF Coils Level III:
Client is a leader in MRI coils and imaging accessories designed for better patient comfort and experience. Their focus, through innovation and precision, is to engineer and manufacture the highest quality coils and accessories for the medical industry. Due to our Client's growth and continued success, we are seeking an experienced Senior Engineer to join the team.
This position will help generate best in class, innovative product offerings and assure technical quality excellence, as well as timely completion of project timelines. You will lead team collaboration with peer engineering teams, manufacturing, suppliers, and customers to drive product designs across all phases of the product life cycle. The Senior Engineer will be accountable for aiding the Electrical engineering team’s development, planning, and growth as well as analyzing existing electrical systems, making cost-effective improvements, conducting research, and designing effective test methods.
Responsibilities for Senior Engineer RF Coils Level III:
- Improves capabilities and skills using review processes and aiding in coaching/mentoring team members.
- Provides leadership, technical direction, and support to engineering team to promptly identify, define and resolve engineering, design, and development issues to meet multiple projects needs and objectives.
- Design and develop products and subsystems, including RF architecture (layouts and simulations), PCBAs, and interconnects, in compliance with the company’s QMS, design, safety, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Interact with suppliers to understand processes/capabilities, requirements, and troubleshooting.
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure designs meet manufacturability, service, and customer requirements.
- Actively contribute to problem solving and continuous improvement activities for both development projects and mature products.
- Generate product design, risk assessments, planning and development ideas while adhering to timelines.
- Support cross-functional collaboration across engineering disciplines (i.e., mechanical, electrical, RF, test, and technicians), program management, service, manufacturing, quality, regulatory, clinical applications, customers, and suppliers.
- Assist in guiding the work of technicians and testers in the development and qualification of new products
Requirements for Senior Engineer RF Coils Level III:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, BSEE min.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in a similar industry; medical device or regulated environment.
- Knowledge of MR physics, pulse sequences, and electro-magnetic field theory
- Experience developing RF coils or other medical device products in an MR environment
- Familiarity with lab tools such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Hands-on experience with MR scanners or NMR spectrometers
- Knowledge of systems engineering, concepts, and processes.
- Experience using simulation tools, such as HFSS, SPICE and MATLAB
- Working knowledge of medical device regulations and standards, such as 21CFR820, MDD 93/421EEC, MDR, MHLW, M0169, ISO13485, IEC60601-1
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; able to provide direction, organize, prioritize, schedule, negotiate, and communicate relevant project information.
- Must be able to work independently and possess a level of functional expertise necessary to influence and execute technical project delivery.
- Excellent client interface and relationship building experience.