Senior Firmware Engineer
Location: Point Richmond, CA
Position Summary Senior Firmware Engineer:
The Senior Firmware Engineer participates in projects to re design, test and support the current generation of innovative high-definition and 4K video products, including digital matrix switchers, signal converters and Surgical displays for our medical market solutions. This includes our Operating room audio/video control, streaming system as well as our centralized content management solution. The Senior Firmware Engineer is considered a technical expert and able to independently resolve high complexity issues.
This position reports to Manager of Current Product Engineering.
Responsibilities for Senior Firmware Engineer:
- Lead and take ownership of the existing code base to enhance it and implement new features.
- Perform conversion and porting of demo and reference with packages, integration into production Linux based systems. Provide complex debugging, troubleshooting and support.
- Support Audio/Video hardware capture and processing, including various compression techniques, streaming, filtering, conversion, playback, synchronization. TMDS (DVI, HDMI 2.0), I2C, SPI
- Develop Inter process Synchronization and Communication.
- Provide Firmware development for microcontroller based (PIC, AVR, ARM) devices.
- Development of Linux applications and drivers, including verification, release and support of code.
- When need support the development and support of VoIP, Conferencing, SIP, H323, RTP/RTSP, MPEG4/H264 Video codes, multithreaded applications, multi process systems.
- Design multi-processor embedded systems that meet our unique real-time video processing requirements.
- Support engineers in translating customer needs into requirements, developing specifications, and implementing test methodologies.
- Effectively communicate with management, engineering department, operations, and field personnel.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- 10 + years of related engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of C/C++ programming language
- Expertise and demonstrated application of strong firmware development practice Up to 5% travel may be required
- Exemplary written and verbal communicator capable of high levels of collaboration.
- Capable of solving complex engineering problems through accurate interpretation of requirements and test results.
- Extensive knowledge with Xilinx (Spartan), Silicon Image, Mindspeed, and Altera chips.
- Ability to utilize Verilog complier.
- Demonstrated good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems and proposing solutions.
- Strong team player yet self-motivated and able to make progress with limited direction.
- Experience developing complex solutions; proven ability in troubleshooting technical issues.