Senior Health IT Specialist (Direct Hire)
Greater Los Angeles, CA
Job Requisition: 6339
Description for Senior Health IT Specialist:
The Senior Health IT Specialist will provide advanced technical expertise and support for diagnostic medical devices and clinical software applications, including HL7 interfaces, Web API’s and EMR software integrations. Collaborates with engineering and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) partners to resolve technical issues impacting the integration between this medical device company and EMR partners. This position serves as a technical escalation path for the Health IT Specialist I.
Responsibilities for Senior Health IT Specialist:
- Provide Tier 2 technical support for medical device software and hardware solutions, including but not limited to EMR software integrations and EMR connectivity issues with medical devices.
- Lead complex customer engagements.
- Troubleshoot moderate to advanced complexity product software/hardware issues with internal and external customers via phone, email, chat, and remote assist software.
- Troubleshoot Windows operating system and network communication issues.
- Resolve escalated complaints from Tier 1 reported issues and escalate to next level of support (i.e. engineering, quality, product management), as needed.
- Collaborate with engineering and EMR partners to resolve to new technical issues. EMR partners include Cerner, Allscripts, Nextgen, GE Centricity, Athena, eClinicalWorks, etc.
- In depth knowledge of testing and updating medical device products.
- Participate in continuous process improvements and work cross-functionally to provide customer insights to improve products.
- Create and maintain department technical procedures and ensure key performance indicators are maintained.
- Create product support resources such as training plans and troubleshooting guides.
- Document customer complaints via incident management application so high impacting customer issues can be trended and acted upon
- Validate Company software and hardware in preparation for clinical training
- Maintain a good rapport with internal and external customers
- Provide mentoring, training and motivation to teammates to ensure high quality team accuracy and timeliness of responses
- Take initiative in completing objectives and multitask effectively.
Requirements for Senior Health IT Specialist:
- Associates degree in Health Information Management, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years experience supporting Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software and hardware integrations within a medical device environment.
- Experience in a customer facing role for technical software implementations, project management or IT in the software, healthcare or consulting industries.
- Experience with hospital system implementations with HL7 interfaces to common healthcare integration engines is a plus
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Server, SQL, IIS, SQL Server
- Ability to lead and support teammates with escaladed Technical Service issues
- Ability to research new issues and find acceptable workarounds and/or solutions within a timely manner
- Ability to interact with the Engineering team and EMR partners to resolve issues
- Understanding HIPAA related policies and experience adhering to compliance standards during integration implementation is preferred
- Understanding of basic SQL database, querying and methods
- Understanding Web Services or API Messaging
- CompTIA A+ Certification (Core Series 220-1001 & 220-1002) preferred
- CompTIA Network+ Certification preferred
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) – SQL Database Certification preferred
- HL7 Version 2 Certification preferred
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification preferred