Senior Manager - Manufacturing Systems (Direct Hire)
Chicago IL or Remote
Job Requisition: 6429
Description for Sr. Manager -Manufacturing Systems:
The Senior Manager - Manufacturing Systems is responsible for defining the automation and systems integration strategy for a manufacture producing HVAC components as well as sister companies within the corporate portfolio. You will assess current operations process flow as well as business system and human production interactions for opportunities to automate or reduce manual input and interaction using robotic, conveyance, PLC’s, software, and new manufacturing technologies. You will also develop the automation strategy, including actions, timing, technology partners, and resources needed to execute. This role requires experience evaluating current process, recommending automation options for otherwise manual processes, and guiding the existing team through implementation of those automated processes.
Responsibilities for Sr. Manager -Manufacturing Systems:
- Strategy development for the implementation of manufacturing automation across the company and, later, sister companies within the corporate portfolio.
- Provide strategic input in the current manufacturing/operations footprint to identify opportunities to streamline flow and reduce human interaction to simplify, reduce processing time, reduce ergonomic and safety risk, and improve performance across a number of operational, production, quality and financial metrics.
- Upon completion of the assessment, develop the long-term implementation strategy, including prioritizations of highest leverage opportunities, timing, projected costs, targeted technology partners and internal resource requirements with others within the senior leadership team.
- Implement the automation strategy through a variety of activities:
- Oversee the specification development process, establish maintenance, service, and qualification protocols of technology systems. Ensure thorough and compliant documentation is available.
- Lead the vendor selection and capital appropriation request processes.
- Lead all engineering, purchase, fabrication, installation and factory acceptance phases of the project implementation process.
- Identify the skills necessary and develop the training programs required to acquire and develop operators and technicians capable running and maintaining installed equipment.
- Develop and implement methods to monitor and measure effectiveness of implementations, lead corrective actions as applicable.
- Assess and communicate project status, escalations on potential risks and delays across multiple teams.
- Provide leadership and expertise for the automation engineering activities during the tech transfer of new products into the manufacturing facility.
- Collaborate within corporate to facilitate the alignment and synergy of automation engineering strategy being deployed across the entire portfolio of companies.
Requirements for Sr. Manager - Manufacturing Systems:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree.
- 15 years of experience in manufacturing automation, including robotics, automation of manufacturing lines, conveyance systems, PLC/machine interface and software solutions.
- 5 years project management and reporting experience.
- Experience with and demonstrated skills in analyzing business needs, determining appropriate solutions and/or opportunities, developing lean implementation strategies, and deploying them.
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing techniques and demonstrated manufacturing process improvement experience.
- Prior experience working within a metal fabrication environment with metal cutting, forming, brake press, lathes, stamping, extrusion, and machining is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to confidently present to vendors, senior management and customers when call upon.
- Previous experience working within an ISO 9001 quality system.
- Experienced in engineering of conceptual layouts, detailed drawings, documents, schematics and BOM.
- Self-motivated individual comfortable working either independently or within a group
- Advance Excel skills with the ability to make data driven decisions.
- Ability to travel is required.
Desired Skills for Sr. Manager -Manufacturing Systems:
- Experience working in HVAC components manufacturing industry is strongly preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
- PMP Certification.
- Proficiency with project management software