Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Direct Hire)
Description for Sr. Manufacturing Engineer:
The main responsibility of the Manufacturing Engineer is to focus on continuous improvement and sustainability of equipment and processes in the assembly and molding departments. The individual will provide an advanced level of expertise in manufacturing through planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of assigned responsibilities by coordinating with engineering team members and operations management. The ideal candidate should work well with large amounts of data, have the ability to manage complex projects independently, possess a solid understanding of technical system and understands the importance of meeting deadlines to support larger objectives. The candidate will take initiative to solve problems and support additional Manufacturing Engineering activities as necessary.
Responsibilities for Sr. Manufacturing Engineer:
- Drive and lead improvement projects in all manufacturing processes utilizing the company process toolbox, including In-Lining, MRD, PLS and 80/20 evaluations.
- Conduct ongoing analyses of products and processes to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Assist in new product development and modifications and revisions to existing products.
- Coordinate and conduct validations (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Lead and support the coordination and implementation of capital projects (Project Management)
- Investigate and install new methods, layouts, equipment, and process analysis that improve overall operation of the plant.
- Develop and implement work instructions and standardization of processes.
- Troubleshoot processes which are prone to be frequent or major production problems.
- Proactivity directs projects and team members to meet business goals.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing, engineering, quality, marketing, customer service, and management as needed.
- Provides input in budget planning and timelines.
- Will participate in “special projects” assignments are required.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health regulations, along with other federal, state, and local regulations regarding environmental, industrial, and electrical mandates.
- May provide direction and training to entry level engineers and technicians to strengthen skill sets and assist in the talent development activities to ensure a strong pipeline of engineering talent.
Requirements for Sr. Manufacturing Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, Plastics, Biomedical or Mechanical) required.
- A minimum of 5+ years related work experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role in a high-volume manufacturing environment required.
- Experience with medical device manufacturing is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to manage strategic manufacturing projects in a broad range of technologies.
- Ability to read and understand complex instructions such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply problem solving techniques to make independent decisions and suggestions on ways to improve services and processes and address complex issues.
- Independent and organized work style: effectively manage time and prioritize workload, adapt to change, and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to carry out detailed, complex oral or written instructions
- Proven business aptitude, must be a decision-maker, willing to take calculated risks and can take advantage of business opportunities as they arise
- Possess ability to forge strong working relationships and successfully interact with operational functions, business areas, external partners, employees, and senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good listening skills
- Computer experience is preferred with knowledge of Microsoft office. AutoCAD or other drafting software experience is preferred
- Novice electrical and mechanical knowledge needed