Senior Optical, Photonics Research & Development Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6436
Description for Senior Optical, Photonics Research & Development Engineer:
Develops and tests optical, photonic devices and subsystems that perform imaging and/or optical measurement for in-vitro diagnostic instruments.
Responsibilities for Senior Optical, Photonics Research & Development Engineer:
- Develops and evaluates new concepts for optical devices and subsystems, including illumination, imaging and non-imaging optical collection devices, optical sensors, spectrometers, and consumables.
- Develops and conducts tests using optical breadboards to troubleshoot optical issues and determine feasibility of concepts.
- Develops and manages requirements pertaining to optical devices and subsystems, collaborating as necessary.
- Designs and optimizes optical devices and subsystems using optical simulation tools.
- Works closely with assay development scientists in optics ideation and development.
- Coordinate with outside development firms as needed to achieve development goals.
Requirements for Senior Optical, Photonics Research & Development Engineer:
- Master’s or PhD in optics, optical engineering, or imaging within a science discipline.
- 3+ years experience in illumination, imaging, and non-imaging optics research and/or development
- Strong experience using optical components including CCD, CMOS, photodiodes, photomultiplier tubes, LED’s, lasers, optical filters, and/or spectrometers.
- Experience with optical design software tools, ZEMAX preferred.
- Fluorescence imaging and measurement experience is beneficial
- Experience using optics lab instrumentation.
- Creative problem solver and self-starter