Senior Project Engineer (Direct Hire)
Greater Philadelphia Area, PA
Job Requisition: 6330
Description for Sr. Project Engineer:
The Senior Project Engineer will lead all aspects of product development projects including hers/his own that included coordinating with product managers, engineers, quality, designers, and manufacturing to ensure satisfactory delivery of assigned projects related to the development of electro-mechanical products in the smart home category. The Senior Project Engineer is also responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle including planning, scope definition, design, execution, and delivery. They will track progress toward milestones, budgetary guidelines, or other performance indicators, and prepare reports for senior management. In addition, the Sr. Projection Engineer will provide leadership for a small team of project engineers.
Responsibilities for Sr. Project Engineer:
- Define technical product specification that align with consumer requirements including developing the product specification, defining components and building feasibility models.
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electro-mechanical products by studying customer requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Working with our production partners to develop PCBAs, embedded software code and smartphone app development.
- Lead the project planning of product development programs including working with cross functional teams to define the work breakdown structure and gaining alignment on project deliverables.
- Track project status and submit updates to management that identify budget, resource and schedule objectives.
- Collect project requirements from all stakeholders, managing trade-offs to meet project goals.
- Ensuring stakeholder expectations are understood and managed accordingly.
- Responsible for managing and tracking: Project Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, Stakeholder Management.
- Mentor other team members on integrating new technologies into existing products.
- Fabricating proof of concept models and developing test protocols.
- Support the team in assessing existing product designs and providing suggestions for improvements.
Requirements Sr. Project Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering field.
- 6-10 years of experience in leading electronic & electromechanical products projects from prototype PCBA to mass production launches.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience leading technical/engineering teams
- Experience with Bluetooth and Wi Fi controlled systems.
- Experienced with Bench tools: multimeter, oscilloscope, power supply, logic analyzers and function generators.
- Experience with MS Project, Smartsheets or similar project management software
- Experience controlling the speed of AC & DC (Brushed DC and BLDC) motors.
- Experience working with consultants and introducing new technologies into existing products.
- Familiar with smartphone app development.
- Familiar with connected home protocols such as Zigbee and Z-Wave.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10%)
Desired for Sr. Project Engineer:
- PMP certification
- Experience with UL/ETL requirements/product testing
- Exposure to new and innovative technologies in a product R&D setting such as wireless, Bluetooth, home automation, etc.