Senior Software Developer, Analytics Team (Direct Hire)
Greater Chicago Area, IL
Job Requisition: 6360
Description for Senior Software Developer, Analytics Team:
The Software Developer, Senior Associate will create applications to support the greater Analytics team. This individual will work in a small sub-team, with other dedicated software developers. Products are standalone applications that will focus on Analytics API management, geospatial applications, deployment, and monitoring. The Senior Associate will create monitoring software for those applications to make sure all products are remaining in a healthy state and will be able to respond to ad hoc requests on an as-needed basis.
The Senior Associate will be expected to work on projects independently and serve as a stakeholder to key individuals across the organization. The Senior Associate will be trusted to independently manage projects, ranging from technical scope, writing code, and deployment. They will be expected to coordinate with other stakeholders within the Analytics team as well as across departments.
The Senior Associate can expect to be writing code and scripting daily using Python, Ruby, and Go while working cross-functionally with the Data Engineers and Data Scientists on the team. This position supports the activities of the Analytics team and will work directly with the company’s key decision-makers and senior management team on a regular basis.
Responsibilities for Senior Software Developer, Analytics Team:
- Maintain codebase of production applications that serves the business internally.
- Be able to step in and write fixes and add features to applications with limited oversight.
- Understand the overall scope of applications overall and scope and execute new initiatives.
- Develop web applications (Flask, Django, Rails, etc.) and be able to work with React.JS on an ad-hoc basis.
- Design databases and data structures to support applications.
- Design and write test automation scripts in python, typically in Pytest
- Deploy and maintain production code on AWS.
- Conduct code reviews and provide insights to best practices for all technical members of the team.
- Ability to prioritize and translate user requirements into concrete project deliverables.
- Communicate technical findings to both technical and non-technical audiences, including Analytics leadership, the marketing team, the operations team, and external stakeholders, such as investors.
- Expectation to report feedback to a broader Analytics team on an as-needed basis.
- Perform ad-hoc requests in line with business priorities.
Requirements for Senior Software Developer, Analytics Team:
- 2+years of experience in a technical role (software development, etc.)
- 2+years previous scripting experience (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Proficient in Python. Experience in Ruby, Go preferred
- Experience with SQL
- AWS, and familiarity with Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.
- HTML/CSS/JS Preferred
- Undergraduate degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or commensurate technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure, work independently, and meet deadlines