Description forSenior System Administrator:
The Microsoft System Administrator will be responsible for maintaining the technical infrastructure as required to meet business needs. Provide proactive software updates and patching as well as equipment and software refresh/maintenance. In addition, this position is responsible for addressing and mitigating server security vulnerabilities. Related projects: e-mail, application virtualization, remote access, file and print services, Active Directory, as well supporting payroll, manufacturing and sales programs. System Administrator is also responsible for providing first level support and troubleshooting for incidents reported by system monitoring, change requests, users support tickets or networking with IT peers. It will be necessary to offer afterhours support as needed, especially when on-call rotation is assigned.
Responsibilities for Senior System Administrator:
- Maintains system security including operating system security patches and virus defense.
- Work directly with security and remote users to address/mitigate vulnerabilities on the MS Server Platform.
- Performs system administration functions such as Active Directory maintenance, DNS changes, granting server permissions, server log management, email system administration, print queue management, web server support.
- Monitors performance, capacity and operational statistics for operating systems, applications and servers including e-mail systems, file and print systems, virus defense, web services and remote access.
- Configures and implements simple I.T. technology systems.
- Installs system software and hardware for operating systems, applications and servers including, but not limited to, e-mail systems, file and print systems, virus defense, web services and remote access.
- Performs server hardware and server software maintenance functions such as firmware upgrades, installing software service packs and configuring enhancements.
- Upgrades server and infrastructure hardware based on hardware life cycle policy.
Requirements for Senior System Administrator:
- At least 3-5 years full time experience or equivalent on the job training is required.
- Two-year technical degree, preferred
- At least one year in departmental application support and administration
- All Windows Server and Client OS, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP & WINS
- General Scripting, PowerShell preferred
- Preferred: Microsoft Azure
- Preferred: Azure Fundamentals Certification, Microsoft Certification (MCITP)
- Basic understanding of networking: WAN, LAN, WiFi, VLAN, NAT
- Hardware knowledge
- Office 365 Applications
- Basic understanding of Firewalls is a plus.
- Understanding of cloud platforms, o365, GSuite, etc.
- Willing to work with employees directly on issues. Remote support, mostly around acquisitions.
- Experience setting up a new Virtual environment
- Must be able to adapt to new projects and activities, change priorities