Senior Systems Integration Engineer
Job Req 6563
Our client is currently seeking an experienced, hands-on Senior Systems Integration Engineer. You will become part of the team responsible for demonstrating state-of-the-art digital technologies for use in America’s factories, participate in cutting-edge projects, and communicate the future state of digital manufacturing to team members and partners. In this role, you will have a variety of responsibilities including our client factory, technical contributor to specific projects, and communicating the development and implementation of digital manufacturing technologies. You will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Networks, cybersecurity, control systems, MES, and PLM integration are just a few of the many areas covered in this role. Candidates must have sufficient experience to understand and communicate digital technologies and interface with team members and partners yet be capable of build these technologies and explaining the process of the design and implementation. As a research institution, our client offers you the opportunity and flexibility to work on the frontier of the latest advancements in digital manufacturing technology!
+ Key Responsibilities
- Factory system integration design, implementation, and maintenance
- Design, fabrication, and installation of equipment and software
- Overall maintenance and availability of the factory floor
- Integration of hardware and software subsystems into MES, ERP, and PLM as appropriate
- Maintenance and expansion of company factory floor demonstrations
- Interact with members on their specific floor demonstrations as well as company joint projects
- Ability to consult with members and stakeholders on digital technology
- Mentor team associates, members, and others especially with Workforce Development opportunities
- Provide digital manufacturing solutions to existing real-life problems as required
- Participate in industry forums, webinars, and other venues related to digital manufacturing
- Use of project management skills to track and report progress of projects
- Interface with commercial and academic members on project design and implementation
- Document digital manufacturing design, operating/debug procedures, and lessons learned
- Mentor and teach manufacturers to deploy the technologies developed at the company
- Continually investigate emerging technologies and maintain a future systems roadmap
+ Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Position does require employee to be on-site at the facility
- 4-10 years of progressive experience in manufacturing systems integration
- Proven experience with digital manufacturing technologies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interface with the executive levels of both company and commercial and academic partners.
- Hands-on, team-oriented, and committed to the advancement of manufacturing technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with strong project management skills
- Experience excelling within fast-paced, high-energy environments.
- Strong risk assessment, problem-solving, and corrective action capabilities
- Computer literacy: MS Office, CAD, CAPP/MES/PLM management, PLC programming, data integration and communication, IOT equipment and protocols