Senior Technical Project/Program Manager (Contract to Hire)
Chicago, IL (Remote to start)
Job Requisition: 6410
Description for the Senior Technical Project/Program Manager:
Seeking a talented and motivated Senior Technical Project/Program Manager to help build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications. The Technical Project Manager is accountable for ensuring successful completion of projects, on-time, within budget, and error-free. The principal responsibility of the Project Manager is to manage the planning and execution of various project deliverables. The incumbent will be responsible for managing various project deliverables, communications, metrics, reporting, and the overall program plan (highlighting dependencies between various projects under the same program).
Responsibilities for the Senior Technical Project/Program Manager:
- Use knowledge of software engineering and business acumen to guide cross-functional teams in the execution of projects.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Serve as the principal communicator with external and internal stakeholders regarding project status.
- Define program scope with program success indicators to reap benefits of the program within a defined timeframe.
- Use Agile program management methodology as relevant to the program execution. Follow latest industry execution practices and processes (e.g, DevOps, Continuous Integration – Continuous Delivery) for highest velocity and innovation.
- Prioritize program requirements working with Product Owner or other stakeholders.
- Manage the expectation of stakeholders across the program
- Provide regular updates to Business stakeholders and consumers of program deliverables.
- Create and manage dependencies across all active projects. Collaborate across the program to leverage diverse thoughts and ideas.
- Log and review program risks with stakeholders and take timely action to mitigate or eliminate risks.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 10+ years of direct project management experience working with software engineering teams in an agile environment
- Previous agile training (spring planning, daily scrums, sprint, retrospective)
- Hands on experience managing large, cross-functional programs, risks, and dependencies
Top candidates will also have:
- Masters’ degree in computer science, information systems, or closely related disciplines
- PMP certification preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS), Confluence
- Advance knowledge of Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Experience Managing AWS based projects
- Background leading data projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills