Service Desk Lead (Contract-to-Hire)
Greater Cleveland Area, OH
Job Requisition: 6990
Description for Service Desk Lead:
The Service Desk Lead is skilled in all areas of the front-line IT customer support and has proficient knowledge of the overall IT infrastructure and business applications. This position will manage all levels of the Service Desk and Desktop Technician teams using operational best practices and the Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) model to provide professional and technical development of the staff. A large portion of time is focused the operations of the Service Desk and Desktop Technicians in the areas of new hire recruiting, coaching, providing performance reviews, maintaining/enforcing standard operating procedures, improving quality of work/processes, focusing on customer satisfaction and eliminating non-value added processes. Also responsible for processing provisioning requests for IT services, performing escalations for aging tickets, producing key metrics and being a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more business processes or functions. This position will interface with all functional groups within IT and be involved with various IT projects and Kaizen events.
Responsibilities for Service Desk Lead:
Leadership Responsibilities - 75%
- Provides leadership and expertise in Service Desk operational best practices utilizing the ITIL reference model.
- Manages the professional and technical development of staff by coaching, setting goals, and monitoring delivery and quality of work.
- Conducts regular team and one-on-one meetings to ensure staff stays focused, on-track and actively engaged.
- Provides leadership to establish a strong team environment for optimal customer service.
- Responsible for new hire recruiting, conducts performance reviews/promotions, and provides guidance on improving deficiencies for staff.
- Engage the appropriate IT resources for system outages or critical support incidents requiring immediate attention, including after hours.
- Responsible for continuous ITSM improvements and elimination of non-value added processes.
- Identify trends and communicate with the appropriate IT Management to eliminate reoccurring incidents.
- Attend monthly IT Manager’s meeting and inform the Service Desk and Desktop Team of upcoming activities that would affect call volume or new IT processes.
- Continually review and improve the on-boarding for Service Desk and Desktop Technician new hires.
- Manages decision making on a daily basis relative to the operation teams.
- Manage the growth of the IT knowledgebase for internal/external articles.
- Determine resource allocation changes for adequate coverage for operating the Service Desk for all shifts.
- Forecast and manage Service Desk departmental and Desktop technician teams operating budget and capital projects.
- Provide second level management escalation when the on-call Service Desk phone is not answered.
User/Administrative Support - 25%
- Manages telephone support during high call volume from global internal customers, determine when to create global issues/phone announcements for outages.
- Manage escalated customer incidents and service requests assigned to the Service Desk and all IT business groups.
- Assist in creating, modifying or removal of approved account access for business applications.
- Manage the Service Desk policies and procedures relating to SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) and standard operating procedures.
- Interface with all functional groups within IT and be involved with various IT projects and Kaizen events.
- Assist with various technical projects as assigned by IT Management both verbally or in writing.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
Requirements for Service Desk Lead:
- Bachelor degree along with 6 years of professional experience or 8+ years of IT experience in a service desk environment or IT technical support position, in lieu of bachelor degree
- At least 3 years fulltime supervisory/management experience in IT Service Desk (i.e. leading a team with accountability for enforcing talent management needs and performance standards)
- Strong knowledge of ITSM frameworks such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and experience aligning best practices for IT service management
- Experience creating and managing to service desk KPI’s and service desk scorecards
- Experience with a variety of Microsoft technologies, such as Office 365, Azure, Windows OS, SharePoint, Teams, Active Directory, Edge, Exchange, SCCM/MECM, etc.
- Experience leading hardware support for desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, work stations, and thin clients.
- Strong project management skills set
- Knowledge of ITIL compliant service desk tools, including ServiceNow
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be influential and persuasive with stakeholders
- Experience maintaining financial responsibilities of a service desk department (e.g. CAPEx and OPEx).
- Experience managing vendor contracts, procurements, renewals and relationships