Software Architects (Direct Hire)
Greater Milwaukee Area, WI (hybrid OK)
Job Requisition: 6939.1
**H1b OR OPT OK
Description for Software Architect:
Reporting to the President of a growing leader in the cardiac MR device software space, we are adding 2 Architects. You will be an independent member of a small team in a very fast-paced environment.
These 2 positions require exceptional skills to collaborate with other engineers but also work effectively
The Software Architects will drive high-level software designs and models. Implementation of designs and enterprise level software optimization of key system attributes such as performance, scalability and availability are a key function of this role.
Responsibilities for Software Architect:
- Model and document complex system components and interactions.
- Provide team lead functions for junior developer(s).
- Provide project support and/or leadership on the introduction of new products and product modifications.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Has working knowledge and understanding of the design patterns and design documentation techniques (such as story boarding, flowcharts, and UML diagrams).
- Protects organization by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with the team; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle and the established quality control processes.
Requirements for Software Architect:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development.
- Artificial Intelligence (machine learning) experience preferred. Preferably TensorFlow.
- Image processing experience required. Preferably medical image processing.
- 4D Flow MRI experience required
- Mastery of Object-Oriented programming/OOP concepts and User Interface design.
- Proficiency and experience Java; C++ experience is also desired.
- Mastery of OOA / OOD software engineering methodology and processes.
- Mastery of automated software test design and implementation from use case and other input requirements
- Java-J2SE experience is a plus.
- Java Swing experience is a plus.
- Experience in problem-solving, data structures and algorithms.
- Working knowledge of design patterns and data structures.
- Ability to independently implement a design based on UML diagrams.
- Experience in an ISO-certified environment.
- Demonstrated good analytical skills, problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn quickly.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- Position requires extra hours beyond the normal business day in order to meet deadlines.
Position Competencies for Software Architect:
- Critical Thinking - Disciplined thinking that is clear, rational, open-minded and informed by evidence. Examines assumptions. Exhibits reflective thinking by applying, analyzing and synthesizing information.
- Creativity/Innovation - Generates original thinking and creative solutions. Possesses ability to think “outside the box.” Comes up with new ideas and approaches not readily apparent or previously tried that enhance the organization's systems or products. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Analytical/Detail-Oriented - Collects and researches data. Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Creates tools to analyze information to support business decisions. Thoroughly reviews work and fixes mistakes quickly.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Flexible style. Receptive to change. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Adjusts with ease. Manages competing demands.