Software Engineer (Direct Hire)
Greater Cleveland Area, OH
Job Requisition: 6545
Description for Software Engineer:
Senior Controls Engineer will be working directly underneath the Engineering Manager, he or she will be involved with PLC programming for various customer applications within the life science and medical industries.
Responsibilities for Software Engineer:
- Work as a collaborative team member on engineering projects working under the software leader on the project team.
- Daily programming in PLC controls programming languages such as, Function Blocks, Structured Text, and Ladder logic.
- Help create software validation plans and reports.
- Independently lead software efforts for small development project/initiatives.
- Serve as process proponent for continued improvement in software development processes and tools and as contact point for outside vendors and consultants
- Help create software development process documentation to include requirements, design and interface specifications, verification documentation.
- Design, implement, test and debug applications to standard on new and sustaining engineering projects.
- Perform unit, integration, and system testing and capacity/performance testing applications.
- Participates in design reviews to identify issues and provide input to design recommendations.
- Review software change requests and defects and assigns them to software project team members.
- Travel up to 10% annual, domestic and international
Requirements for Software Engineer:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Control Engineering, Process Engineering or Mechatronics. Advanced degree is desirable
- Minimum of 1 year of related engineering experience
- PLC software programming experience with Structured Text (ST/STX), Ladder Logic (LD), Functional Block Diagram (FBD), and/or RSLogix 5000
- Experience with networked SCADA systems.
- Proven experience at software development from concept through commercialization.
- Capable of solving complex engineering problems through accurate interpretation of requirements and test results.
- Experience in detail-oriented analysis and programming, and multi-threaded/multi-tasking programming is required.
- Software quality assurance to include unit and integration test development and execution, and code inspection and reviews.
- Experience with medical device development is desired and/or working in a regulated industry, which require formalized software development processes and software risk management.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional team player with some leadership responsibilities.
Desired for Software Engineer:
- Knowledge of PLC-based control systems and communication protocols is ideal and further training will be provided.
- Experience performing software requirement analysis and definition. Proven skills in working with stakeholders to refine product requirements to be realized in software is desired.
- Experience in the implementation of infrastructure and applications for Manufacturing, Installation, and Serviceability is desirable.
- Understanding of agile development for a resource-constrained target environment with specific performance requirements is desired.
- Experience in User Interface (UI)/Human Machine Interface (HMI) development, which may include HMI touch screens or Graphical UIs. Understanding of usability / human factors is desired.
- Experience using software integrated development environments (IDEs) and tools to include configuration management (version control), defect management, continuous integration, and code analysis tools is desired.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening