Software Project Manager II (Direct hire)
Job Requisition: 6608
Description for Job Title:
For this position the Software project manager will be in charge of the planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution, and delivery of software and web projects. They ensure the successful completion of all software projects and will also oversee the employees performing work on the projects.
• Assist in coordinating internal resources for execution of client projects, as well as internal projects.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, documenting this clearly so all involved parties are aligned and there are no surprises in the outcome.
• Facilitates project team and client meetings effectively. Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Sets and manages client expectations, and manages the ongoing client interaction.
• Monitor and track progress of the projects
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification where necessary.
• Help keep projects on track. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Help maintain comprehensive project documentation during its lifecycle
• Keep up on bug statuses and investigate or inquire if things stall
• Help develop comprehensive project timelines
• Learn the business and how our proprietary software works - will allow growth in position to support ongoing development with core software product offering
• Assist with QAT during development cycles
Tools utilized include Azure DevOps, Confluence (for documentation), Azure, PowerBI, Office 365. Familiarity with these definitely a plus.
Familiarity with Agile development methodology
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Experience with software product management or QA would be a plus, but not mandatory.
Must have excellent attention to detail, and display effective listening/communication, and possess adept problem-solving skills.