Sr. Electrical Engineer – Direct Hire
Job Requisition: 6824
Description for Sr. Electrical Engineer:
This Sr. Electrical Engineer is responsible for creating, designing, testing, supporting, and developing new and innovative electronic motor and control systems for existing and new products. Scope of role spans motors, controls, hardware and software. This is successfully accomplished by understanding, accurately specifying, and adhering to customer requirements, utilizing and applying quality tools and methods and pursuing continuous improvement in all aspects of product and process design. These efforts will have a direct impact on increasing average sales price per unit and improving value, reliability, and performance. Product responsibilities include branded products, private label brands, and all support componentry. The associate will plan and manage product design engineering activities related to conceptualization, product design, testing / validation, and manufacturing process functions. In additional to production designs, this position also helps support the Engineered-To-Order (ETO) approach to meet unique customer and application needs. ETO support will involve direct engagement with sales, customer service, end customers, manufacturing, and suppliers. This position reports to the Product Development Manager. This position helps to design and manage the electronic hardware and software used in the Engineering Test lab.
Requirements for Sr. Electrical Engineer:
- BS in Engineering with a minimum of 4-7 years of applicable work experience with a focus on New Product Development and understanding of manufacturing operations
- Capability of managing both firmware and hardware. Understanding software, and interface between product and cloud.
- Ability to program management skills scheduling making commitments from a development timeline and support standpoint and what efforts and needs are for various projects.
- Relevant experience with new product development and product design role
- Familiarity with the design of motors, controls, user interfaces and software
- Altium experience (electronic system design)– or equivalent. Understanding of layout schematic package.
- Program management skills scheduling; making commitments from a development timeline and support standpoint. Support efforts and needs for various projects.
- Experience with systems design: motors, controls, user interfaces, systems interfaces.
- Experience with wired / wireless communications protocols: RS232, RS485, Z-wave, Zigbee, BTLE, WiFi
- Proficiency working with outside resources to direct development of new innovation.
Education: BS in Engineering with a minimum