Sr. Manufacturing Engineer– Direct Hire
Job Requisition: 6820
Description for Sr. Manufacturing Engineer:
This Client is a national manufacturer of construction materials with a focus on providing complete building solutions to the construction marketplace. The client has consistently set the standard for quality and leadership in the industry and have built the finest reputation as major suppliers of lath and steel framing systems in the United States. Operating 13 manufacturing facilities and 4 engineering offices.
Responsibilities for Sr Manufacturing Engineer:
Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods, and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised processes. A hands-on role that requires the candidate to work on the floor at various facilities working on machines, repairs, setting up machines and moving them as well. Majority time will be spent on designs for internal systems and for customer order, pick outside suppliers to implement automation equipment– attain quotes for pricing and conduct vendor selection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment, systems integration.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment using AutoCAD / Solidworks
- Programming with Allen Bradley PLCs, Drives, HMIs
- AMS and Siemens PLCs / HMIs would be a plus
- Networking in IP and Modicon environments
- Rexroth servos
- Panel design
- Electrical distribution systems
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised processes
- Designs, implements and tests/sources and cost justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Strong troubleshooting and analyses skills
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency
- Represents manufacturing on cross functional teams
- Design and test automation equipment and processes
- Program new automated components
- Research an investigate automation suppliers, develop scopes of work, review quotes and recommend suppliers
- Perform safety analysis for new processes
Requirements for Sr. Manufacturing Engineer:
- 5 yrs experience overall - 2-3 yrs of robotics experience
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3‐6-month time span
- Experience with Robotics – Fanuc
- PLC (Allen Bradley) experience, and robotics/automation knowledge
- Server drives experience
- Knowledge/experience in AutoCAD / Solidworks
- Experience working with suppliers to implement automation equipment– attain quotes for pricing and conduct vendor selection.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including layout and assembly
- Process development experience
- Large Project management involving both technical and contractor management skills
- Ability to self‐direct in a field environment given the goals of the project
- Experience researching and recommending new processes and components
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and perform complex system tests
- Automation safety analysis experience
- Ability to travel 50-75% of time.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field. Electrical or Mechanical engineering degree preferred.
**Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.