Sr Mechanical Engineer – Contract to Hire
South Holland, IL
Job Requisition: 7091
Description for Sr. Mechanical Engineer:
This client is a multi-disciplined, custom-engineering, design, and manufacturing company that provides process equipment and systems used in a variety of energy, space flight, industrial, and scientific market applications. With more than 50 years of expertise in delivering engineered solutions to its global customer base, this client is known for its product quality, as well as its engineering versatility & creativity.
Responsibilities for Sr. Mechanical Engineer:
This Sr. Mechanical Engineer will possess strong project management expertise and a strong background in fabrication (preferably in pressure vessels and piping design). Background in cryogenic engineering is a plus but not a must for this role. This individual will be responsible for mechanical, product design, fabrication and possible field installation and commissioning of equipment used in industrial processes and scientific applications. Majority of their job duties will be to design and oversee the manufacturing of client’s equipment and systems for non-cryogenic and cryogenic applications.
Supporting commercial and operational activities that result in increased revenue, profitability, sustainable growth, and customer satisfaction. and finally direct activities of other engineers, drafters, and technicians on assigned projects.
- Design and oversee the manufacture of process equipment for cryogenic and noncryogenic applications.
- Coordinate the activities of ASME Code Inspectors, and other approval agencies for the acceptance of AET products and services.
- Track project performance vs. project deliverables and communicate project status to both internal and external stake holders on a regular basis.
- Support commercial and operational activities that result in increased revenue, profitability, sustainable growth and customer satisfaction.
- Direct activities of other engineers, drafters, and technicians on assigned projects.
- Assist with component sourcing and vendor management as necessary.
Requirements for Sr. Mechanical Engineer:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years mechanical engineering experience is required, with a focus on cryogenic engineering (preferred).
- Process Engineering experience is desirable.
- Ability to use mechanical engineering design and analysis tools such as FEA, SolidWorks and CAD systems.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, testing.
- Technical and practical expertise applying ASME Code in vessel design and fabrication.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with tight deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong record of coordinating project work across multiple teams and disciplines.