Senior Product Engineer(Direct Hire)
Description for Sr.Product Engineer:
The Senior Product Engineer is an active member of the engineering management team who will oversee Junior Product Engineers and Engineering Support Technicians. Responsible for serving as a coach and mentor while managing group KPIs and ensuring actions are taken to maximize results. Directly responsible for managing APQP projects and the release of new parts to meet customer timelines. He or She will provide guidance on customer communication and help solve more complex issues as needed. The Senior Product Engineer will be responsible for completing customer quotes in both US and Mexico facilities.
Responsibilities forSr. Product Engineer:
- Manage APQP project action items from conception to realization to ensure smooth production launch.
- Works with other engineering disciplines to resolve product issues.
- Evaluate customer needs and align requirements with identified customer expectations.
- Oversee timely product sample submission, testing, and artwork development
- Review customer control drawings, purchase orders, and other applicable specifications to determine part/product requirements and manufacturability
- Fabricate and physically test fit engineering prototypes as required by project
- Determine and provide illustrations and text for process sheets while ensuring that they are consistent and compliant with current manufacturing standards and capability
- Manage all aspects of Engineering Workload Tool to ensure timely release of parts
- Support quoting activities for both US and Mexico facilities
- Act as a liaison for communication between Julian Electric and customers for engineering related topics
- Support Quality team in the creation of PF, PFMEA, and CP documentation.
- Support production team on any safety, quality, or process related concerns
- Stop production if non-conforming goods are produced
- Actively participates and promotes company continuous improvement culture
- Be an active member of the Safety team
- Actively committed to coach and develop Jr. Engineers
- Participate in Internal and External Audits
- Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure all company policies, processes and procedures are being met and followed including but not limited to code of conduct, employee hand book, quality and safety policies
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative
- approach to working together
Requirements for Sr.Product Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similarly related engineering degree
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a high volume make to order manufacturing or similar engineering design environment
- Experience with leading teams in improvement activities.
- Experience with IATF16949and ISO14001.
- Familiarity with AIAG core tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, MSA)
- Ability to draw and model thru the use of AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Conflict resolution methodologies
- Lean Tools and 5’S.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and respect
- Use of an ERP system and Microsoft Office
- Problem solving methodologies
- Ability to lead and motivate team.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic personality
- Ability to communicate and present feedback and ideas to internal or external parties.
- Organization and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Desired for Sr. Product Engineer:
- Bilingual skills in Spanish
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.