Sterility Assurance Consultant (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6435
Description for Sterility Assurance Consultant:
The Sterility Assurance Consultant will be a subject matter expert for key pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical Customer accounts, providing technical information and support for projects related to product technology and product application for a specialized area within the Life Sciences Contamination Control division. Will also coordinate project activities with other departments and collaborate with assigned team members on a project basis.
This role is a home-based position and will require 40-50% travel both domestic and internationally. Location within the US is flexible, but Cleveland or Philadelphia areas are preferable.
Responsibilities for Sterility Assurance Consultant:
- Provides technical information and expertise to key Customer accounts with focus on Contamination Control, Sterility Assurance and Validation of sterilization processes, with the objective of resolving complex pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry Customer challenges.
- Support provided through telephone and written correspondence, generation of literature, lab analyses and direct field support.
- Manages projects and coordinates and oversees technical and/or lab activities within area of specialization.
- Serves as liaison with R&D groups for scientific and technical support.
- Reports on product field trial activity.
- Maintains subject matter expertise by reading current published literature, attending and presenting at scientific meetings and seminars, and collaborating with technical experts.
- Increases sales force effectiveness by administering global pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry Customer and professional education programs.
- Works with global Customers and sales representatives on product applications, appropriate product usage, and providing background information and analytical support.
- Contributes ideas and information for new products, processes and applications relative to the business unit.
Requirements for Sterility Assurance Consultant:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, or Engineering
- Minimum five (5) five years related work experience in the field sterility assurance.
- Current knowledge of sterilization and contamination control within pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry, including regulatory requirements in area of specialization.
- Knowledge and experience in sterilization processes and validation, environmental contamination control, cleanroom operations, and/or aseptic pharmaceutical product manufacturing are desirable.
- Strong project management skills including excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as presentation skills in both small and large group settings.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite
- Collaborates effectively and is comfortable educating at all levels internally and externally
- Focused Customer and service orientation with ability to effectively utilize resources for technical information as needed.
- Demonstrates solid organizational skills, good judgment and ability to think analytically.
- Ability to travel up to 40-50% annually. Domestic and international.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening