Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Requisition: 6385
Description for Suppler Quality Engineer:
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible and accountable for suppler quality part approvals. SQE performs APQP required activities and PPAP reviews at supplier’s manufacturing plants. SQE approves part submission warrants, process control plans, equipment and process capability studies and PFMEA documents for parts and assemblies. SQE is a key member of the project tracking team. Responsible for delivering the quality functions within the 5-gate approval process. SQE is considered a subject matter expert in the field of quality assurance. Responsible for implementing ISO 9001 2015 to meet company objectives. Utilizes Mechanical engineering principles to establish remanufacturing specifications and test plans. Reviews and approves prints and tolerance specifications.
Responsibilities for Suppler Quality Engineer:
- Responsible for internal quality activities to ensure finished products are properly inspected and the associated manufacturing processes are properly designed, analyzed, and validated. Implementation and documentation of completed corrective actions required.
- Responsible for developing and implementing ISO 9001 per company implementation plan.
- Track internal processes effectiveness across all departments and implement changes to ensure success
- Coordinate zero hour failure re-works both internally and externally, locally or at supplier location to insure quality compliance
- Identify, Validate, and Track product in field reworks to ensure 100% capture rate or re-work.
- Review, prepare, enhance, present, and approve all quality documents and processes related to supplier quality management and make recommendations for improvements
- Identify repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect Service Operations, develop and implement operational processes and procedures for resolution. To fulfill this responsibility the SQC applies data analysis techniques to measure the effectiveness and reports to management their results.
- Create reports of quality control tests and analyze the data to determine if improvements in process are necessary
- Develop and implement quality improvement activities and policies for internal use
- Establish level of PPAP submission that is appropriate for a given change or deviation
- Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) and quality standards are met.
- Conduct APQP quality audits at supplier’s manufacturing location
- Inspect and audit suppliers manufacturing line for flaws and defects
- Approve supplier’s quality process within the established KEA 5-gate project approval process
- Review deviation requests with appropriate internal customers
- Coordinate quality investigation activities with the Warranty and Parts Departments as required
- Attend off-site quality meetings and audits
- Actively participate in available technical training
- Develop standard reporting procedures and report templates
- Create reports and compile data for presentations
- Issue Credit memos for warranty payments both internally and externally.
- Establish parts program specifications and manage reman quality initiatives.
Requirements for Suppler Quality Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, preferably within Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 Supplier quality years’ experience with supplier quality management
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Green Belt Certification preferred
- 1-3 years ISO 9001 development and/or implementation is required
- Thorough knowledge of APQP Process and Supplier quality management functions
- Working knowledge of all industry standard measurement and failure analysis tools such as Six Sigma, Wiebull analysis, PFMEA, Fishbone, 5-why, and lean principles
- ISO 9001 development and implementation experience
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and machines, related to metal, plastics and wiring
- Ability to perform detailed statistical analysis on data collected from all sources reference under responsibilities
- Strong problem solving and analytical and discernment skills in various technical environments
- Ability to produce work subject to precise measures of quality and quantity
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; be reliable and punctual
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet deadlines, maintain a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments, and maintain level of organization in a changing and fast paced environment
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal, Spanish speaking a plus.
- Ability to comprehend a variety of instructions, both oral and written
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to be tactful and diplomatic in challenging situations; handle conflicts with difficult people in a professional manner
- Formulate relationships of trust with customers
- Advance Excel skills required with experience creating pivot tables
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time, domestically and internationally.