Supply Chain Manager(Direct Hire)
Grand Prairie, TX
Description for Supply Chain Manager:
The Supply Chain Manager develops and executes supply strategies for existing and new products that maximizes lowest total cost, and meets approved specifications and company quality standards. Manages suppliers and collaborates with Corporate Strategic Sourcing to execute supply chain strategies.
Responsibilities forSupply Chain Manager:
- Develop inventory fulfillment target setting strategies and continuously optimize month on hand inventory performance.
- Work closely with all business functions (sales, accounting, HR, engineering, quality, customer service) and effectively utilize Company principles to properly assess and balance the supply and demand needs of the business.
- Work with suppliers and internal planning/production functions to position required capacity required to meet/exceed customer delivery expectations.
- Drive plant-wide continuous improvement initiatives by maintaining supplier performance scorecards (delivery, cost, quality, freight) resolving supplier performance issues, leading inventory accuracy initiatives, identifying transactional, receiving and shipping improvement opportunities.
- Lead team effectively by developing optimum work schedules/workflow, coaching, developing employees, monitoring staff performance, maintaining open communications and fostering teamwork.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Manage expense budgets and distribution costs. Ensure timely submittal of accurate cost information and dept. performance metrics.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
Requirements for Supply Chain Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Engineering, Industrial Management or equivalent.
- APICS/ASCM certification preferred.
- Four (4) years materials and/or distribution leadership and two (2) years of production planning or purchasing experience in related industry.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and teamwork abilities. Must show ability to take and give direction in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to lead teams and mentor/develop employees.
- Strong organizational, continuous improvement, problem-solving, project management and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, process improvement, operational planning and safety management ability.
- Solid budgetary abilities and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, power point etc.) and current ERP systems.
- Must be able to travel 20%.