Systems Administrator (Direct Hire)
Downers Grove, IL
Job Requisition: 6331
Description for Systems Administrator:
Systems Administrator to provide helpdesk support, systems administration, deploy new IT equipment and support IT infrastructure. Seeking a hands-on and capable IT professional with eagerness to learn new technologies and participate in wide variety of helpdesk and systems administrative related projects.
Responsibilities for Systems Administrator:
- Supporting and maintaining the company’s enterprise infrastructure, including but not limited to virtualization, Windows servers, file sharing, Active Directory, backup solutions and innovative end-user computing solutions
- Helpdesk support for all internal staff (between 75 – 100 users) in an engineering heavy firm.
- Building, configuring, and deploying IT equipment throughout the organization.
- Deploying infrastructure related hardware and software.
- Configure and deploys desktop and laptop hardware
- Ensuring high security standards are maintained.
- Troubleshoots network or system issues.
- Building and maintaining IT policies and procedures.
- Providing support for engineering related applications.
Requirements Systems Administrator:
- Two-year degree in Information Technology or equivalent vocational field is preferred
- At least 2 years of IT support experience
- Experience providing helpdesk level support to end users
- Infrastructure support experience providing patch management, file sharing, backups, and server upgrades
- Experience working in a Microsoft environment including SQL Server, Active Directory, and Office 365
- Experience working with virtualization and virtualization clusters with VMware
- Knowledge of networking, wireless access points, and firewalls
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively without much needed supervision
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and contribute to IT projects
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening