Technical Backend Lead (Direct Hire)
RemoteJob Requisition: 6778
Description for Technical Backend Lead:
You are passionate about mentoring other engineers. You have a mindset of serving your team, unblocking and enabling them. You have managed pods as small as 4 people to larger teams. You believe team performance is more important than individual performance. You understand the inclusion part of “diversity and inclusion” and you will help us have an inclusive culture where all ideas are heard and the best ideas are implemented.
Your background is in backend engineering and you have computer science or computer engineering or similar related degrees. You are passionate about designing scalable backend systems, reliable backend APIs, fault-tolerant integrations and third-party API systems. You are a great owner and have a strong can-do problem solving attitude. You are a critical thinker, and communicate with clarity. You are deeply familiar with software design patterns and able to apply the right one to the right problem.
You have a keen eye for code quality and you can provide effective feedback to other team members on their engineering work. You take pride in the overall outcome and quality of your team’s work and are there at every step to make the best outcomes happen. You strive for transparency and clarity with your team and are able to bring the needs of the business together in a strong engineering culture
Responsibilities for Technical Backend Lead:
- Lead a team of backend engineers with kindness, empathy and open mind.
- Mentor backend engineers and provide them with growth opportunities in your team.
- Collaborate with client-side developers and technical lead in web and mobile development to design new product features and concepts.
- Ensure team performance and delivery of team objectives.
- Provide guidance on key technical decisions in your backend team.
- Evaluate the quality and health of our systems and code, advocate for engineering work that will benefit our business and our end users.
Requirements forTechnical Backend Lead:
- 5+ years of experience managing high performing backend teams.
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL queries using object relational data interfaces
- 10+ years of experience in writing backend code 5+ years of experience designing and analyzing the performance of backend applications.
- 3+ years of ruby on rails experience
- A CS Degree or equivalent.
- Empathetic, inclusive team leader with a proven track record of mentoring engineers and contributing to their growth.
- Business minded and outcome driven leader who can communicate clearly about challenges and brings a problem solving attitude to the table.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience with Ruby, Python or PhP
- Experience with Memcached and Redis
- Experience with information retrieval and real time search