Technical Service Manager (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6851
Description for Technical Service Manager:
The Manager, Technical Service will be a subject matter expert for cleaning, microbial control and validation in pharmaceutical manufacturing including, aseptic processing and cleanroom environments within the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry. The position requires providing technical information and onsite support for global Customers, and managing projects related to product technology, application, and validation, working closely with other departments including R&D, marketing and sales. The position offers opportunity to author and publish articles in PDA, ISPE and other peer reviewed journals, present at major pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical conferences, workshops, and training events, and participate in industry associations and committees. The Technical Services Manager is a home-based position and will require 40-50% travel both domestic and international
Responsibilities for Technical Service Manager:
- Provides technical information and expertise to key Customer accounts for the product family, integrating multiple areas of specialization (e.g. microbiology, engineering, validation, etc.) with the objective of resolving complex pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry Customer needs.
- Support provided through telephone and written correspondence, generation of literature, lab analyses, site evaluations and direct field support.
- Manages projects and coordinates and oversees technical and/or lab activities within area of specialization.
- Serves as liaison with R&D groups for scientific and technical support.
- Administers global pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry Customer and professional education programs.
- Presents at industry conferences, published articles and book chapters, and participates in industry associations and task groups.
- Manages the tasks of one or more assigned team members on a project basis, providing direction and performance feedback.
- Contributes ideas and information for new products, processes and applications relative to the business unit.
Requirements for Technical Service Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- Ten or more years related work experience.
- Experience in cleanroom environment, aseptic manufacturing, microbial control, environmental monitoring, disinfectant testing and validation desirable
- Current knowledge of relevant pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry subject matter and regulatory requirements in area of specialization, maintained through reading current published literature, attending and presenting at scientific meetings and seminars, and in collaboration with technical experts.
- Strong project management skills including excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as presentation skills in both small and large group settings.
- Advanced computer skills
- Focused Customer and service orientation with ability to effectively utilize resources for technical information as needed.
- Demonstrates solid organizational skills, good judgment and ability to think analytically.
- Ability to travel up to 40-50% annually. Domestic and international
Desired for Technical Service Manager:
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish
- Active member of the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) or Parenteral Drug Association (PDA)