Test Engineering Architect (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6587
Description for Test Engineering Architect:
In this role, the Test Engineering architect is responsible for the creation, maintenance and validation of automotive battery and electrical system test equipment platforms. The Test Engineering Architect job responsibilities include creation and implementation of test methodologies for all aspects of hardware and software testing to ensure performance, reliability, and an overall high-quality product. In this role, the Test Engineering Architect will own the overall testing strategy of what we do to ensure our products deliver on our promise of accurate, reliable solutions.
Responsibilities for Test Engineering Architect:
- Develop, plan, and execute a strategic approach to testing that maximizes efficiency in test personnel, hardware and schedule while achieving program success.
- Provide guidance to programs and projects regarding strategies for and execution of development, acceptance, and qualification testing.
- Participate in design review and work with design teams to develop the test strategy, including engagement during the early design phases.
- Provide subject matter expertise for testing, qualification and certification of systems and platforms.
- Execute test procedures for both internal and external laboratories.
- Define and administer standard testing methodologies, processes, and tools across all engagements.
- Generate formal documentation of test requirements, standards,
Requirements for Test Engineering Architect:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably within engineering or another similar technical field
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a test architect position
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a HW validation environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in system/SW testing
- Test Driven Development (TDD) experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with UL, CB Scheme, etc, would be a plus
- Passionate about learning and taking on challenging assignments