Testing Technician (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6927
Description for Testing Technician:
You will be part of the product development team, focusing on testing and data collection in a project setting. Your primary focus will be testing technologies and components for next generation products, working with our test methods in laboratory testing and supporting initial field trials from the lab. No travel is required for this position.
The secondary focus will be to support the rest of the product development team in their testing needs as product development projects progress.
Responsibilities for Testing Technician:
- Perform verification testing and reporting of hardware and systems.
- Utilize and create automated validation and testing tools.
- Report defects in defect tracking system and verify fixes for defects.
- Electrical and Mechanical based testing
Requirements for Testing Technician:
- AS degree in electronics, or other engineering or technical area
- 2+ years of experience with hardware and/or system testing
- Proven ability to execute test protocols and report results, without much guidance after training.
- Ability to follow instructions and suggestions for improvement.
- Basic hardware testing knowledge (multimeter, oscilloscope, current-voltage supply)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products (excel, power point, word, etc.)
- High level of curiosity, creativity, tenacity, and thoughtfulness
MATLAB or other mathematical process capability
Testing of sensors (transducers) background
Working knowledge of basic statistical methods