Testing Technician (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6927Description for Testing Technician:
You will be part of the product development team, focusing on testing, data collection in a project setting. Company is very proud of its First Responders gas detection devices and environmental field-testing product lines.
Your primary focus will be testing of technologies and components for next generation products, working with our test methods in laboratory testing and supporting initial field trials. Secondary focus will be to support the rest of the product development team in their testing needs as product development projects progresses.
From time to time, you will be asked to carry promising technologies into the early phases of integrating the new component into a product.
Responsibilities for Testing Technician:
- Create, update and perform verification testing and reporting of hardware and systems.
- Report defects in defect tracking system and verify fixes for defects.
Requirements for Testing Technician:
- AS degree in electronics, or other engineering or technical area. Will consider a new BS grad (EE, Chemical, Physics-a mechanical engineer is probably not the best for this role)
- 2+ years of experience with hardware and/or system testing OR new Engineer with an interest in testing
- Proven ability to execute test protocols and report defects.
- Ability to follow instructions and suggestions for improvement.
- High level of curiosity, creativity, tenacity, and thoughtfulness
- Equipment Multimeter, oscilloscope
- Sensor testing background.