Automation Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6469
Description for Automation Engineer:
The Automation Engineer is responsible for the project management, implementation, and troubleshooting of equipment associated with the automation of manufacturing processes. In addition, this position will support the on-going operations of existing equipment utilizing strong troubleshooting skills.
Responsibilities for Automation Engineer:
- Must be able to lead a team and give direction throughout the course of a project, including multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understand the design, program and debugging of PLC, HMI and robot software.
- Must have solid software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Assist outside contractors to ensure quality and function of electrical systems.
- Ability to quickly analyze data and present conclusions.
- Ability to perform all expected tasks under general supervision.
- Strong follow-up and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Management of assigned projects, including responsibility for budget and timeline
- Experience with automation design, troubleshooting, working with vendors.
- Coordination of all activities on assigned projects, ensuring on-time completion
- Work closely with customers, vendors and internal stakeholders during project execution
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead continuous improvement projects related to existing products, processes and equipment.
Requirements for Automation Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related years of experience required.
- Experience with Automation projects in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience implementing 6-axis robotics
- Experience working with design vendors including holding them accountable to specifications and project requirements
- Independently tests, analyzes and solves technical problems
- Possesses excellent time management, prioritization abilities, and strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and non-verbal), and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and eager to drive needed change.
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously make strategic decisions.
- Must possess comprehension and reasoning skills used to understand and collect data, interpret technical instructions, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use MS Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Project (or other project management software).
Desired for Automation Engineer:
- Experience with plastics injection molding tooling
- Experience with ultrasonic welding
- Experience with FANUC robotics and Cognex vision systems