Design Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6323
Description for Design Engineer:
The Design Engineer will be responsible for working as part of a process and product improvement/inception unit, focusing on product and process development by using engineering principles to increase the efficiency and value of the business, utilizing cost effective mechanisms while improving overall productivity. The Design Engineer is a specialized role needed to perform client specific development for products or existing processes in a business unit. Expected to perform research and use of mathematical modeling to inspect new developments and business innovation to determine its cost effect and over-time value.
Responsibilities for Design Engineer:
- Provides production support to the machining area and the assembly area.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts.
- Sketches rough layouts and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Measures machine and parts during production to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Handles material review board responsibilities for product engineering.
Requirements for Design Engineer:
- Bachelors Degree in engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of experience.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Organizational Skills.
- Results Driven.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening