Design Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6465
Description for Design Engineer:
A Design Engineer is a specialized role needed to perform development for new or existing products or processes in a business unit to satisfy customer requirements. Responsible for working as part of a process and product improvement/inception team, focusing on product and process development by using engineering principles to increase the efficiency and value of the business. Utilizes cost effective mechanisms to improve overall productivity and value. Expected to perform research and use of mathematical modeling to analyze new developments and business innovation to determine its cost effect and over-time value.
Responsibilities for Design Engineer:
- Single Creates drawings and develops processes collaboratively with the Operations team for manufacturing of new, custom products.
- Provides production support to the Operations team to ensure successful manufacture of products and projects.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications, customer requirements, and related data and drawings to develop creative solutions and determine design factors such as size, shape, arrangement of parts.
- Plans and formulates engineering projects and coordinates with project staff according to project requirements.
- Provides support to Sales to help develop solutions to customer needs and requirements and provide preliminary drawings to customer.
- Communicates and interacts with customers to provide project updates and learn market trends and needs.
- Develops cost estimates and budgets for new products and projects.
- Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Coordinates tests and utilizes in house testing equipment to ensure products meet design criteria.
- Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares and presents interim and completion project reports.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting software to develop designs and drawings.
Requirements for Design Engineer:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Structural, Electrical preferred)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Experience leading projects or programs
- Results driven
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to communicate and present to multiple levels of organization
- Critical thinking, problem solving/analysis, and decision making
- Solidworks, CAD experience