Mechanical Engineer (Contract to Hire)
Job Requisition: 6457
Description for Mechanical Engineer:
Complete design projects for heating as assigned for multiple customer segments. Responsible for taking information from sales and application engineering to design heating solutions with an emphasis on quality and accuracy. The successful candidate for this position will be able to take a project from the conceptual stage through design completion, accounting for customer goals, requirements, and lead time.
Responsibilities for Mechanical Engineer:
- Review design specifications submitted by sales and application engineering for feasibility and the ability to manufacture the product.
- Making use of provided hand sketches, 2D drawings, or 3D files, recreate customer geometry using SolidWorks.
- Complete heating element layout designs according to design and manufacturing best practices.
- Create and review shop drawings. bills of materials (BOM), bills of operations (BOO), and labels to produce custom heating products.
- Assist Application Engineering and Sales with application specifications and customer questions.
- Perform heat transfer analyses for various applications including freeze protection, condensation prevention, and process heating.
- Work with manufacturing and testing lab personnel to troubleshoot and validate custom heating solutions.
- Work directly with customers to assist with application specifications.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Needed experience & technical knowledge:
- Knowledge of basic heat transfer principles and electrical circuits
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and wiring schematics
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Requirements for Mechanical Engineer:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with 0-2 years’ experience
- Experience with Solid Works or similar 3D CAD software.
- Experience with Ansys or other FEA software.
- Ability to work with little supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and a desire for excellence
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing documentation, including wiring diagrams and schematics, and bills of materials strongly desired