Process Engineer (Direct hire)
Job Requisition: 6640
Description for Process Engineer:
The Process Engineer is responsible for the development and launch of new processes for manufacturing. Additionally, the process engineer is responsible for improving existing processes, training of new operators as needed, and developing cost saving projects by deploying novel processing improvements. Process engineers provide technical assistance and support to the manufacturing department as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads process development activities for all new products for silicone molded rubber applications including prototyping, validation using IQ/OQ/OQ, and launch efforts during entire product development process.
- Participates in related molding, inspection, characterization. and other manufacturing processes and generates all process documentation including work instructions, SOP’s, control plans, and PFMEA’s.
- Participates in validation protocol development and running of experimental tests for First Article samples and validation runs
- Communicates status with the engineering, quality, and sales team members to ensure project deadlines are met
- Identifies areas for improvement in equipment and processes, and works with the engineering team to implement solutions
- Trains manufacturing operators related to material, molding tools, and equipment for new and existing processes
- Troubleshoots existing process and implements improvement initiatives via cost savings projects, CAPA implementation, or lean/Six Sigma projects
- Cooperation and professional conduct with coworkers, staff, and managers.
- Meet FMI standards for quality and productivity.
- Follow all procedures for cleanroom operation, cleanroom attire, and contamination control.
- Follow all FMI procedures for traceability, line clearance, process control, safety, and housekeeping.
- Communicate effectively with FMI’s employees and Management. Demonstrates all of the FMI corporate values
- Open & honest communications
- Team work
- Customer focus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of science from a college or university in an engineering or science related field, and
- 5-7 years’ experience
REQUIRED SKILLS / ATTITUDES:
- Must be motivated and creative, work well under pressure and operate effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must meet internal deadlines and customer due dates
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate needs and demands in an effective manner.
- Must be detail oriented, focused and able to produce accurate and professional documents
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab (or other statistical analysis software). Solidworks or CAD modeling software is a plus