Job Requisition: 6372
Description for Process Engineer:
The Process Engineer* / Specialist will apply technical knowledge and expertise in the development and/or implementation of new and improved manufacturing processes, procedures, and equipment; and will ensure that the design specifications and procurement of equipment, tooling, fixtures, etc meet company requirements and objectives. This role is for a major North American Leader in the Fabrication/Manufacturing industry with operations across US and Canada.
Responsibilities for Process Engineer:
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
- Ensure all processes are documented and have SOP’s and standard work.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Coordinate activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Assist with day to day troubleshooting processes in order to maximize the output of on-grade product.
- Take corrective action to address process deviations and find the root cause to prevent
- Assist in the development of new prototypes and transitioning into full scale production.
- Investigate customer complaints where required.
- Utilize lean manufacturing principles to establish optimal assembly and fabrication methods.
- Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
- Lead area improvement team, applying Six Sigma, Lean, 5S and other operational excellence techniques to achieve improvements.
- Lead the development and execution of incremental capital and process improvements.
- Obtain detailed quotations or designs and estimates for the cost of fixtures, tools and engineering requirements to be used in developing a formal proposal to upper management.
- Identify and lead/facilitate Kaizen events as needed.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Oversee installation and tests to ensure machines, facilities and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Develop models of alternate processing to test the feasibility of new applications of systems and recommends methods of implementing of improved procedures.
- Follows and comply with all Operational Procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (i.e. IATF, ISO 14001)
Requirements for Process Engineer
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required.
- Experience in metal fabrication and / or manufacturing environment.
- In depth professional knowledge and expertise regarding metal-cutting operations, grinding and tooling manufacturing.
- Strong skills in manufacturing and processing engineering with knowledge of CNC machining, metal forming and welding.
- Extensive knowledge of general machining practices.
- Ability to specify processes to manufacture components, correct machining problems by tooling, gauging, machining or fixturing.
- Ability to estimate machining cycle, perform method analysis; plan, project and perform project analysis.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, Pro-E and MasterCAM will be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite also required.
- Capable of managing multiple challenging assignments concurrently; moving swiftly and
- decisively, but collaboratively and effectively with others.
- Personal commitment to high quality standards. Strong communication skills and an ability to formulate positive interpersonal relationships.
- Strategic thinker and effective problem solver.
- Perceptive, responsible and accountable.
- Team player.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening