Quality Manager (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6591
Description for Quality Manager:
The Quality Manager is responsible for providing leadership; instilling a sense of urgency; and driving problems towards resolution to ensure that quality systems, procedures and instructions meet Customer requirements, company objectives, and regulatory compliance
Responsibilities for Quality Manager:
- Direct 8D problem solving team for all Customer-related quality issues, including tracking, reporting, problem solving issues; retain and maintain records as required.
- Primary contact on all Customer quality concerns; ensuring all quality concerns are
- communicated accordingly.
- Provide support to all departments for quality system development, corrective and preventative action and problem-solving resolution.
- Develop relationships with personnel from major OEM's; other QA Managers/Directors/
- Assist in Supplier selection and certification as required.
- Assist in the statistical process control improvements with manufacturing and supplier base.
- Complete all APQP-related activities, and all other Quality Management System requirements as needed.
- Ensure that conflict and productivity issues are managed directly, constructively, and
- professionally in all circumstances.
- Drive year over year continuous quality improvement, supporting our strategic deployment model, BEST Wheel, and PREP process.
- Identify opportunities, forecast resources to achieve quality improvement targets.
- Develop an annual Quality business plan and budget.
- Ensure enforcement of Customer Specific Requirements and compliance.
- Attend training in order to develop and /or maintain relevant job-related knowledge, techniques, skills and/or certification.
- Ensure, with the cooperation of other departments at Matcor, that the factory achieves and maintains the highest possible Customer rating for satisfaction and the lowest for PPM.
- Identify possible improvements related to quality, design, or production processes.
- Supervise Quality personnel.
- Report Monthly Quality PREP results to Management Team and Team meetings.
- Monitor all customer related costs. (i.e. customer complaints, sorting, inspections etc.).
- Travel to customer sites as required. (i.e. presentations, corrective actions reports etc.) on short notice.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of departmental goals.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in the company handbook and OHSA.
- Follows and comply with all Operational Procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (i.e. IATF, ISO 14001)
Requirements for Quality Manager:
- Associates degree in the sciences, economics, business, or engineering, Bachelors degree is highly desired.
- ASQC Certified Quality Engineer/Certified Auditor, Certified Quality Manager a plus
- Lean Manufacturing experience required
- Excellent working knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Systems, ISO14001 knowledge is a plus
- Strong leadership, problem solving (including root cause analysis), project management,
- presentation, and facilitation skills
- Core Tool Knowledge (APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA)
- Problem solving Knowledge. (8D, 5Phase, 7Step, Root Cause Analysis etc.)