Senior Electrical Engineer (Contract)
Point Richmond, CA
Job Requisition: 6397
Job Requisition: 6397
Description for Senior Electrical Engineer:
The Senior Electrical Engineer (EE) will support current and legacy medical video product design issues and provide improvements to medical video products used in various healthcare settings. Evaluate third party products which may be integrated into new and existing platforms. Duties include embedded controls system design and development. The Sr. EE executes hardware design activities on key product development programs and/or product improvement initiatives. The candidate must be able to solve complex controls system design problems by applying knowledge of engineering or scientific principles to accomplish technical assignments, while delivering assignments within schedule, cost, performance, quality and reliability targets.
Responsibilities for Senior Electrical Engineer:
- Works as a collaborative scrum team member on new and current product development projects in R&D to deliver innovative technical solutions.
- Applies electrical engineering principles to design complex controls system, subsystems and subassemblies.
- Applies electrical engineering principles in the selection of sensors, motors, valves, and associated controls required for the design.
- Executes or support feasibility studies on hardware design options to help determine optimum design solutions or to confirm system capabilities, quality and reliability.
- Develops cost effective h/w designs to meet industry regulatory standards (e.g. IEC, NEC, UL) as well as cybersecurity standards.
- Develops component and system level technical specifications to implement new product designs.
- Build, modify and/or test complex electrical design solutions for electronic circuitry, systems, sensors and other h/w or control elements from functional system requirements.
- Determines required tasks, durations and materials needed to complete own deliverables.
- Provide guidance to technicians, designers and engineering peers in the development of R&D prototypes and verification units.
- Interacts with vendors, suppliers, and engineering consultants in the selection of components that comply with requirements and specifications.
Requirements for Senior Electrical Engineer:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- 3-5 years in hardware design, including controls system and embedded hardware.
- Electrical CAD (ORCAD).
- Experience with powering electrical devices such as motors, sensors, user interfaces and other electronics.
- Experience manufacturing and delivery of printed circuit board assemblies, required. Design experience with schematic capture and layout of embedded circuit boards desired.
- Experience with reading and using schematics and component data sheets for design and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with rapid prototyping and debugging, functional verification and pre-production ramp-up.
- Proficient with electrical test equipment (e.g. multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, function generators, video analyzers); Enjoy being hands-on in the lab and in the details (e.g. soldering, crimping, building cables).